Brian Parker, Headteacher, Longdendale Community College
Do you want to implement an effective, high quality inclusion program in your school, but feel overwhelmed by the mountain of guidelines and don't know where to start?
This accessible book tells you all you need to know, and offers lots of realistic suggestions. It takes you through each step of the process, and has up-to-date information on:
- Current legislation, Children's Services, Every Child Matters and DfES guidance
- A wide range of inclusion programs and initiatives
- Planning, managing and implementing inclusion in your school, with reference to Every Child Matters
- Inspection requirements and self-evaluation strategies
- Effective inclusion training
- Advice on how to get 'Best Value' from your inclusion services.
Written in a clear, down-to-earth style, this guide gives you an overview of inclusion and is packed with practical material, including examples of best practice and checklists. It comes with an accompanying CD, which has PowerPoint slides for training sessions on it, as well as other photocopiable materials.
Everyone involved in the inclusion agenda will find that the real-life solutions, ideas and down-to-earth guidance in this book enable them to really make inclusion happen.