Offering informative and inspirational guidance on planning learning and teaching opportunities across the curriculum, this book will help you to promote the social, intellectual, aesthetic, spiritual and physical development of children in your setting.
Topics covered include:
- appropriate and lively ways of working with young children
- contemporary approaches to subject teaching
- supporting children for whom English is an additional language
- the role of adults
- the place of information and communications technology
- the transition between the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
The book also draws on recent research on child development, on how babies think and on effective learning and teaching for children aged 3-7.
All early years students and practitioners will want to have this book to hand to guide them through the new guidance and to support their everyday effective practice.