Used at more than 1500 institutions in 89 countries and translated into 12 different languages, this market-leading text successfully combines an academically robust account of the major theories and models of leadership with an accessible style and practical examples that help students apply what they learn. Peter G. Northouse uses a consistent format for each chapter, allowing students to compare the various theories. Each chapter includes three case studies that provide students with practical examples of the theories discussed. Adopted at more than 1,000 colleges, universities, and institutions worldwide, Leadership: Theory and Practice provides readers with a user-friendly account of a wide range of leadership research in a clear, concise, and interesting manner.
INTERACTIVE eBOOK: This interactive eBook is available for stand-alone purchase, but it comes FREE when purchased in a bundle with the print version. Bundle ISBN 978-1-5063-0528-8
Experience the Interactive eBook today! Watch a demo
Your students save when you bundle the print version with the interactive eBook edition. Use bundle ISBN 978-1-5063-0528-8. This dynamic Interactive eBook goes way beyond highlighting and note-taking! Your students can read their mobile-friendly eBook anywhere, anytime with easy access across desktop, smartphone, and tablet devices. Using the VitalSource Bookshelf® platform, students can download the book to a personal computer and read it offline, share notes and highlights with instructors and classmates who are using the same eBook, and “follow” friends and instructors as they make their own notes and highlights. By simply clicking on icons in the eBook, your students can experience a broad array of integrated multimedia resources including engaging video and audio, as well as access to relevant academic and professional articles.
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- Teaching notes for cases are designed for instructors to expand questions to students, or initiate class discussion.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring one’s course.
- Suggested assignments as well as course-long projects are designed to promote students’ in-depth engagement with course material.
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning.
- Chapter-specific questions for study help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter to encourage students to think critically
- Multimedia content includes original SAGE videos that appeal to students with different learning styles
- Web exercises direct both instructors and students to useful and current web sites, along with creative activities to extend and reinforce learning or allow for further research on important chapter topics.
- A Course cartridge provides easy LMS integration
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- A customized online action plan includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials, allowing you to individualize your learning experience
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment of your mastery of course material
- Videos of Peter Northouse illuminate leadership concepts
- Carefully selected chapter-by-chapter video and multimedia content enhances exploration of key topics
- Meaningful web resources with exercises facilitate further exploration of topics
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal and reference articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter
- Study questions reinforce key concepts in each chapter for self-review or group discussion