Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations
Lessons From the Third Sector
- Barry Dym - Institute for Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Harry Hutson - WorkWise Research and Consulting
The book contains:
- A critical review of literature on leadership which encourages diversity in leadership models and approaches.
- Case studies of nonprofit leadership which affirm public-minded, mission-driven leaders and acknowledge their contributions.
- Chapters on leadership constructs such as fit, dynamics, readiness and flow which provide useful insights and methods to enable success.
- The overarching concept of alignment which reframes leadership as an active process where the awareness of and response to the interplay of multiple, relevant factors matters more than charisma, pedigree or power.
"They develop the concept of "good fit" between the leader and complex circumstances in which she or he must lead; they explain how leaders can increase the readiness for change in their organizations."
Very clearly written
I found this book useful as a supplementary text for my MBA students in their leadership module. It shows a good understanding of the workings in the third sector.
Good all round book
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 3. Theoretical Alignment