Chapters recognize the challenges facing newly qualified health professionals and emerging clinical managers such as delivering patient care, managing resources and supporting the development of colleagues. They also look at management theory, decision-making, and continuing professional development.
- Links to key national agenda governing healthcare practice
- Relates theory to practice, encouraging self-aware and reflective practitioners
- Includes learning outcomes, chapter introductions, and further reading
- Provides activities and think points to encourage skills analysis and critical reflection
- Offers relevant practice examples
The professional backgrounds of the authors in clinical practice, education, and management mean that this is an engaging and authoritative text. It is ideal for all nursing and allied healthcare students, as well as qualified professionals who need a clear and engaging guide to the key issues, theories, and practice skills needed for effective management and leadership in healthcare.