- The workings of the law in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- The EU legal frameworks
- The law of evidence and the criminal process
- Punishment and sentencing
- Human rights issues
- The differences between youth justice and adult criminal legislation
- How to undertake independent legal research and further reading in the discipline
Packed with extensive learning aids including case studies, boxed notes, sample examination questions, appendices of statutes and cases and a comprehensive glossary, this book is vital for all students in criminology and criminal justice.