• the probable impact that President Obama will have on the composition of the federal judiciary and on subsequent judicial "output"
• the highly conservative impact that former President Bush had on the federal judiciary;
• Justice Sonia Sotomayor's appointment, as well as Chief Justice John Roberts's leadership on the Supreme Court;
• the role the courts are playing in the policy realm of same-gender marriages and discrimination based on sexual orientation;
• more comparative references and examples throughout the book.
Adopters and students alike will also appreciate the new websites that the authors added to the end-of-chapter suggested resources, as well as the unique annotated U.S. Constitution found in the appendix. This extensive revision of a classic text brings new life to a standard-bearer for judicial process classes.