The mission of the journal is to help address challenges relevant to sustainable business and management, economic development, governance, and international trade in the tropics. The complex challenges faced in the tropics demand multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary perspectives. Therefore, contributions to the journal are welcome from scholars working in the fields, inter alia, of business, management, economics, trade, employment studies, tourism studies, political science, development studies, gender studies, sociology, social policy, anthropology and geography. JTF articles will be of interest and relevance to a range of readers including academics, practitioners and policy makers.
Contributions to the following themes are welcome:
- Sustainable Tropical Environments
- Public Policy, Regional Development and Governance
- Human and Workforce Development
- International Business and Trade in Tropical Regions
- Sustainable Business and Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Marketing
We publish rigorous empirical analyses (based on quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-method research), as well as case studies, theoretical articles and conceptual reviews.