Introduction to Education Studies
- Steve Bartlett - Professor of Education Studies at the University of Wolverhampton
- Diana Burton - Professor of Education at the University of Wolverhampton
Foundations of Education | Preservice Training | Sociology of Education
In this fully updated fifth edition of this much-loved textbook, students will be introduced to different ways of looking at education, supported by links to classic and contemporary research.
Built around the essential themes of psychology, history, policy and sociology that underpin Education Studies courses, key updates include:
· New ‘Applying Critical Evaluation’ tasks to help develop your analytical skills
· Analysis of recent curriculum developments including EY assessment, Ebacc and T-levels
· Examination of education policy up to, and including, 2019
· Enhanced discussion of educational neuroscience and the science of learning
Updated book on essential reading list. Provides valid and pertinent discussion to support student's studies. This was already a key text for our course and the update keeps it relevant.
I have not been able to read the eCopy. A hard copy would have made it easier for me to read the copy.
This book is excellent support for BA Education students, not only in level 1 but into Level 2 as well. it is well written yet ideas are conveyed clearly so Level 1 students are happy to read it and they learn and understand some important ideas about education.