Introduction to Criminal Justice: Systems, Diversity, and Change offers a brief, accessible approach to criminal justice with comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of all aspects of the criminal justice system in 14 succinct chapters. Using four true criminal cases as examples in each chapter, students are shown real-life pathways and outcomes of criminal behavior and victimization. Designed to show the interconnectivity within the criminal justice system, each case study provides concrete examples of events, concepts, and terms. Bring the true stories to life with original video content featuring exclusive interviews with the individuals appearing in 3 of the 4 cases. Additionally, unique topics such as ethics, policy, gender, victimization, and white-collar crime are discussed throughout the text. Offered both in print and Interactive eBook forms, this text provides flexible modes of instruction and appeals to students of all learning styles.
To see a sample of the original video content featured, click here.
Interactive eBook also available—FREE when bundled with the print version!
Experience the Interactive eBook today! Watch a demo
Your students save when you bundle the print version with the interactive eBook edition. Use bundle ISBN 978-1-4833-8896-0
This dynamic Interactive eBook goes way beyond highlighting and note-taking! Your students can read their mobile-friendly eBook anywhere, anytime with easy access across desktop, smartphone, and tablet devices. Using the VitalSource Bookshelf® platform, students can download the book to a personal computer and read it offline, share notes and highlights with instructors and classmates who are using the same eBook, and “follow” friends and instructors as they make their own notes and highlights. By simply clicking on icons in the eBook, your students can experience a broad array of integrated multimedia resources including engaging video and audio, as well as access to relevant academic and professional articles.
Give your students the SAGE edge!
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more at https://edge.sagepub.com/rennison.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy to provide a diverse range of test items with Respondus test generation, which allow you to save time and offer a pedagogically robust way to measure your students’ understanding of the material
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring your courses.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter is included.
- Original Video: Exclusive! Original video created for the text features the authors discussing topics in the text, career insights from professionals in the Criminal Justice field, as well as exclusive interviews with the individuals featured in the cases within the text.
- Carefully selected, video links feature relevant interviews, lectures, personal stories, inquiries, and other content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions.
- Course cartridge for easy LMS integration.
Student Study Site (Open Access)
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eflashcards to strengthen understanding of key concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes to encourage self-guided assessment and practice
- Carefully selected video and multimedia content that enhance exploration of key topics
- EXCLUSIVE access to full-text SAGE journal articles and other readings, which support and expand on chapter concepts
- Original video exclusively created for the text brings concepts to life, featuring: the authors discussing key topics in the text, career insights from professionals in the field, and engaging interviews with those profiled in the text's case studies