This book provides a practical, pedagogical perspective on conducting qualitative interviews with children and young people.
From designing and choosing the type of interview through to planning, structuring, conducting, and analysing them this book is a complete toolkit. Drawing upon real-world examples and researchers' anecdotes, the authors combine both theoretical background and practical advice to introduce common issues and procedures and to help you undertake your own interviews in the field.
Key topics include how to:
- Choose which interview style meets your and your participants’ needs
- Maintain a safe and ethically sound research environment
- Incorporate participatory methods into formal interview settings
- Encourage participation and capture the voice of interviewees
- Utilise digital tools, software and methods to collect and analyse data
This clear, articulate book is an essential companion for anyone interviewing children and young people.