The updated second edition includes new content on:
• How to avoid traps in interviews
• How to use interviewees with experience and insight
• How to work creatively with generative material
• The value of repeat interviewing over time
• The importance of supplementing interviews with other methods
• Possibilities of interview-based research accompanied by examples
This text is essential reading for upper undergraduate and postgraduate students of qualitative methods, and researchers looking to more clearly conceptualize their interviewing practice and explore its theoretical basis.
Mats Alvesson is professor at University of Bath and is also affiliated with Lund University, Stockholm School of Economics and Bayes Business School.