Thoroughly updated, with new chapters on Relating Difficulty, "small media" technology and relationships, and practical applications, the new edition is responsive to the student demand for insight into their own lives.
- Try this out: a section in each chapter indicating how the students can apply concepts personally
- Look for this in the media where students are guided toward concepts as presented by TV and other media
- Listen to your own conversations which points students to understand topics in terms of their own everyday interactions
- Keep a journal where students are directed to keep a journal for class discussion reporting on topic-relevant experiences in their daily life
- Self questions which confront students with a number of questions that invite them to reflect on their own performance of relationships relative to each chapter topic
- Practical matters directing students to practical application in the broader social world beyond their academic or personal experiences Chapter summaries, already present in the Third Edition, offer improved guided study review
- Brand new chapter openers providing focus points for note taking when reading the chapter