In this lucid, accessible and often witty new text, Gary Thomas introduces students and researchers to the basics of case study research. Using a wide range of real-life examples, this book sets out for those new to the method how best to design and carry out case studies in the social sciences and humanities
How to do your case study: a guide for students and researchers deals with the core issues and methods that anyone new to case study will need to understand:
- What is a case study?
- When and why should case study methods be used?
- How are case studies designed?
- What methods can be used?
- How do we analyse and make sense of our data?
- How do we write up and write about our case?
How to do your Case Study will be essential reading for any student or researcher in the Social Sciences, Health Sciences, in Business Studies, in Education and the Humanities.