- Applying the ECM standards to mainstream primary and secondary schools, special schools, Pupil Referral Units (PRUs), and Children's Centers
- Undertaking the ECM Standards audit
- Monitoring and evaluating progress
- Building a portfolio of evidence
- Undertaking the assessment process
The evidence gathered towards meeting the ECM Standards can be used with the OFSTED school self-evaluation form (SEF). The author has also included full evidence descriptors for each of the 12 ECM Standards in table format and aligned with the relevant ECM outcomes; an accompanying CD-ROM that features an improvement planning and self-evaluation framework and a PowerPoint presentation; and useful summary checklists.