PART I: THE GANG: CHANGING BOUNDARIES, JOINING, "BANGING," AND GETTING OUT
J.C. Howell, et al.
1. The Changing Boundaries of Youth Gangs
C. Maxson and M. L. Whitlock
2. Joining the Gang: Gender Differences in Risk Factors for Gang Membership
F.A. Esbensen, et al
3. Initiation of Drug Use, Drug Sales, and Violent Offending Among a Sample of Gang and Non-Gang Youth
S.H. Decker and J.L. Lauritsen
4. Leaving the Gang
PART II: THE ARENAS: NEIGHBORHOODS, COMMUNITIES, AND SCHOOLS
R. J. Bursik, Jr.
5. Neighborhood Dynamics and Gang Behavior
6. Introducing Hoover: I'll Ride for You, Gangsta'
7. Gangs and the Informal Economy
8. Gangs, Violence, and Safe Schools
C.R. Huff and K.H. Shafer
9. Gangs and Community-Oriented Policing
J.W. Meeker and B.Vila
10. Issues in Developing and Maintaining a Regional Gang Incident Tracking System
PART III: THE INCREASING DIVERSITY OF GANGS
J. D. Vigil and S.C. Yun
11. A Cross-Cultural Framework to Understand Gangs: Multiple Marginality and Los Angeles
12. The Girls in the Gang: What We've Learned from Two Decades of Research
13. Doing Field Research on Diverse Gangs: Interpreting Youth Gangs As Social Networks
14. Chinese Gangs: Familial and Cultural Dynamics
15. Street Gangs: A Cross-National Perspective
PART IV: GANG RESEARCH AND PUBLIC POLICY
16. Ganging Up On Gangs: Anti-Loitering and Public Nuisance Laws
A.A. Braga, et al.
17. New Approaches to the Strategic Prevention of Gang and Group-Involved Violence
18. Gangs and Public Policy: Prevention, Intervention, and Suppression