Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice
- Neal Cook - University of Ulster, UK
- Andrea Shepherd - University of Ulster, UK
- Jennifer Boore - University of Ulster, UK
Adult Nursing | Anatomy & Physiology | Nursing
The essential guide to anatomy and physiology for nursing students.
The new edition of Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice brings together text, video, full-colour illustrations, interactive activities, and more, to provide nursing students with a comprehensive introduction to understanding the healthy functioning of the human body. This second edition has been thoroughly updated and includes new videos, improved online support, revised learning activities, and clear explanations that will help nursing students feel confident when learning anatomy and physiology for the first time.
- Students can use their phone or tablet to scan QR codes throughout the book and instantly watch informative animations, mini-tutorials, and other useful videos.
- Introduces all the essential anatomy and physiology information in a carefully structured way, helping students to steadily build their knowledge and successfully apply it to nursing practice.
- All content is based around the person-centred nursing framework and a fictional family is used throughout to demonstrate how the biology applies to real people, helping students to apply the A&P knowledge directly to real-life nursing situations.
- Supported by new and improved online teaching and learning resources, including a teaching guide to the resources, a fully revised testbank, over 250 downloadable figures from the book, and a host of student resources such as multiple-choice questions and over 800 glossary flashcards to help aid revision.
Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice is essential reading for all nursing students and nursing associate students learning anatomy and physiology for the first time.
Watch this video guide to using the online resources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnLcJxdoVio
Instructor Resources (Log-in needed)
- A Teaching Guide to the resources
- Video Teaching Support - Video URLs and accompanying questions
- Test bank - a set of questions, for directed learning or assessment purposes.
- Downloadable image bank (over 250 diagrams and figures from the book for use in slides or as printouts.)
- VLE/LMS Download: Upload all the lecturer and student resources into your institution’s virtual learning environment (i.e. Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs
Student Resources (Free to access)
- Video links - URLs of the videos featured in the book
- 170+ Multiple-Choice Questions - designed for revision and exam preparation
- Over 800 glossary flashcards with an audio function to check pronunciation of unfamiliar terms
- Recommended readings and weblinks
- Answers to end of chapter questions
Decision on adoption of the title cannot be provided at this stage. Will consider later on in 2021
Really great, comprehensive book for the nursing schemes which whilst comprehensive is not overly daunting. Presents all aspects of the essentials of A&P in a very easy-to-understand way with some great illustrations. Contains exactly what you would hope of such a text.
Quickly became the 'go to' book for students following recommendation. An excellent Anatomy & Physiology book.
Really easy to use and great for students
I no longer teach on the module that I had considered this for, have discussed the book with the module leader
I very much enjoy this book and have recommended for several of the nursing modules. I use it for prep every day