Essential Study Skills
The Complete Guide to Success at University
- Tom Burns - London Metropolitan University, UK
- Sandra Sinfield - London Metropolitan University, UK
Study Skills | Undergradute Study Skills
Packed with study tips, activities, templates and quotes from students, this is your essential guide to university, showing you step-by-step how to study effectively and make the best of your time at university. Whether you are going to university straight from school, as a mature, or as an overseas student studying in the UK for the first time, you'll find out how to:
- Sail through those tricky first weeks
- Get the most out of lectures by understanding how you learn
- Learn techniques for academic writing and research
- Effectively work with others in groups, seminars and workshops
- Write assignments and pass exams with flying colours
- Build your CV and plan your next steps after graduation.
New to this edition is content on how to thrive at university, learn and research digitally, and how to develop your employability skills.
Student Success is a series of essential guides for students of all levels. From how to think critically and write great essays to boosting your employability and managing your wellbeing, the Student Success series helps you study smarter and get the best from your time at university.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!
Excellent book. Has been used in our course resources and is one that we highly recommend to students.
Good book for adults returning to education
Excellent textbook offers basic reading and writing skills for students.
Very easy to read but packed with essential information that students will need to support them in their academic studies. This is the type of text book that could easily be used throughout the entire students journey from undergraduate to postgraduate.
I use this text in conjunction with the text which explores critical reading and writing. both texts compliment each other well. I recommend this text to all students.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 10: University Assessment and How to Succeed