The new edition has been fully updated and now includes:
- a brand new chapter on formulating a research question appropriate for qualitative research
- an expanded discussion of the role of theory in research
- extended discussion of case study research and the number of cases needed for effective qualitative research
- further coverage of focus groups and analysing internet data
- new student examples from around the world
- a new section on the common pitfalls encountered in qualitative research
- an expanded companion website with more student examples and videos.
Filled with exercises to test your understanding and develop your skills, as well as David's own tips for research success based on years of experience, this book is essential reading for anyone doing qualitative research.
Available with Perusall—an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class
Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.