Dementia Care in Nursing
- Sue Barker - Cardiff University, UK
- Michele Board - Bournemouth University, UK
Gerontological Nursing | Mental Health Nursing | Nursing
- Linked to the latest NMC Standards and ESCs for degree-level education
- Real life case studies link theoretical discussion to actual patient care
- Activities help build problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Explores how the subject is relevant to all fields of practice
This is a required kit for nurses providing care to people with dementia. Appropriate practical examples have been provided in it.
great in-depth information in here, added to our reading list
This book is a must for those studying dementia or studying the content within health and social care. It is well written and simple to follow.
Comprehensive guide to a very important topic
I found this to be a very useful book for both my roles as a practitioner and as a lecturer. This covers most key elements of Dementia Care. Contains up to date information on the Capacity Act & DOLs, highly recommend.
Well laid out and easy to follow. Lots of insights into dementia.
Nicely broken down into easily digestible sections. Particularly liked the critical thinking and reflection elements in each section
A must for all nurses. The activities encourage the reader to consider dementia and the reality of living with the disease for all involved.
A really handy book that captures interest in this most important topic. Used for multi-disciplinary CPD Dementia module as transferable knowledge to all disciplines. Activities provide arena for thoughtful discussion and ensuing improvement in practice.
A very useful text for learners who are seeking to gain insight and understanding into Dementia Care