In Crossing Borders, authors Harry Chernotsky and Heidi Hobbs provide an introduction to international studies that utilizes different disciplinary approaches in understanding the global arena. Geographic, political, economic, social, and cultural borders provide the framework for critical analysis as explicit connections to the different disciplines are made through both historical and theoretical analysis. Throughout the text, readers are given opportunities to explore specific international problems with a final chapter providing advice on how students can further their own global engagement.
This Second Edition is thoroughly updated to reflect recent events relating to cyberterrorism, ISIS, Ebola, South Sudan, Ukraine, and other critical hotspots. It offers new color maps and features, an expanded list of resources, and clear learning objectives for every chapter.
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students. SAGE edge instructor sites include tools and elements such as:
- Test banks that provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- Multimedia content includes links to video, audio, web, and data that appeal to students with different learning styles.
- Instructor Manual which summarize key concepts by chapter to ease preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Transition Guide provides chapter-by-chapter outline of key changes to the second edition
- A set of all the graphics from the text, including all of the maps, tables, and figures, in PowerPoint, .pdf, and .jpg formats for class presentations.
- A Course cartridge that provides easy integration into most major learning management systems. This course cartridge includes assets found on the Instructor Teaching Site and the Student Study Site, as well as a bonus quiz for each chapter in the book—all in an easy-to-upload package.
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment and features elements such as:
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards which strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- An online action plan includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials, which allows students to individualize their learning experience
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Video and multimedia content that appeal to students with different learning styles
- Carefully selected SAGE readings to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter