Revised and updated to reflect current curriculum policy and contemporary research, this second edition includes:
" an overview of current curriculum developments, and the implications for cross-curricular approaches
" updated coverage of cross-curricular planning and best practice
" a range of new case studies across the 3-14 age range exploring the practical application of cross-curricular and creative approaches to teaching
" Expanded coverage of sociological and social psychological theories of learning.
This book is essential reading for students on teacher education courses across the 3-14 age range, and practising teachers considering cross-curricular approaches to learning.
- A new chapter on social learning
and sociological perspectives.
- A new chapter on public policy related to cross-curricular approaches
in the last 20 years.
- Updated research and many new references to
current government perspectives on learning and teaching.
- Revised further reading sections
- Large sections of each existing chapter rewritten in the light of peer
feedback especially including more key stage 3 examples, more examples and
references to Scottish, Welsh and Irish curricula
- New case studies
reference to the social and emotional aspects of learning.