What is critical thinking? How do you apply it in your assessments? How do you build a good argument or find evidence?
Critical thinking is a set of techniques. You just need to learn them.
This is your personal toolkit for demystifying critical thinking. Clear and focused, it shows you how to sharpen your ability to think critically by developing and honing your skills. You’ll learn how to:
- Build a solid argument and express your ideas clearly
- Evaluate evidence and identify errors
- Understand and account for biased or flawed thinking
- Become a savvy user of technology
- Sift through the deluge of digital information
- Develop confident critical writing.
Designed to work with a power pack of digital resources and exercises, you'll find practical and effective tools to think and write critically in an information-saturated age.
Whether you're starting your first degree or arriving as an international or mature student, this book equips you with the skills, insights and confidence to succeed.
This second edition has been redesigned and fine-tuned with a focus on accessibility: with a new and improved layout to improve the eBook experience, and updated language, examples and further reading recommendations throughout.