Criminological and Forensic Psychology is a brand-new theoretically rigorous, practically relevant, engaging and fun introduction to this broad and fascinating field. It covers both the conceptual basis within which psychology knowledge is applied in forensic contexts and the practical applications of psychology to the criminal civil justice systems.
- Case studies, which include the James Bulger investigation in Chapter 5, are woven into every chapter to bring the topic to life and encourage the application of knowledge by placing you in the full context of a criminal case, showing you how psychological theories can be used to explain real-life crimes.
- In-depth exploration of the fascinating courtroom process including separate chapters on The Defendant’s Mind and The Jury.
- A dedicated chapter on research methods specific to forensic psychology to help you do your research project around this topic.
A Companion Website available at www.sagepub.co.uk/gavinCFP is provided to support learning and includes chapter-by-chapter multiple choice questions to test understanding of the topic, additional case studies to reinforce learning, and links to further readings to continue your exploration of the subject.
- Multiple Choice Questions per chapter to test understanding of the topic
- Test bank including Multiple Choice Questions and Short Answer Questions per chapter
- PowerPoint presentations including key concepts from each chapter