New to the fourth edition:
- A new chapter on the contemporary context of adolescence, exploring the challenges, opportunities and influences facing young people today.
- A new chapter on the use of technology when counselling young people
- Useful links to relevant online resources at the end of each chapter
- Updates to all chapters reflecting more recent understanding, research and literature
- Additional case studies to help trainees apply theory and strategies to practice
A multi-disciplinary book which recognises that a diversity of needs requires a diversity of approaches and skills, it uses case studies and examples to demonstrate this in a variety of settings. It is essential reading for trainees and practitioners in counselling, social work, the allied health professions and education.