Corrections: The Essentials
- Mary K. Stohr - Washington State University, USA
- Anthony Walsh - Boise State University, USA
Corrections/Penology | Criminology & Criminal Justice
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks that provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess the students' progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course.
- Lecture Notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
- Class Activities for individual or group projects provide lively and stimulating ideas for use in and out of class to reinforce active learning.
- A set of all the graphics from the text, including all of the maps, tables, and figures, in PowerPoint, .pdf, and jpg formats for class presentations.
- Carefully selected chapter-by-chapter video and multimedia content which enhance classroom-based explorations of key topics.
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. SAGE edge content is open access and available on demand. Learning and teaching has never been easier! We gratefully acknowledge Marianne Hudson, Boise State University, for developing the ancillaries on this site.
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
- A customized online action plan includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials, which allows students to individualize their learning experience.
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material.
- Carefully selected chapter-by-chapter video and multimedia content which enhance classroom-based explorations of key topics
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide your interpretation.
“This is an outstanding primer that students of criminal justice, psychology, sociology, criminology, and social work, working in corrections, cannot be without. A must read that is concise and understandable by all regardless of background!”
“The material is presented in a very clear and concise manner. The book is written in a manner that is highly organized.”
“I like this book, it offers a good introduction to new students and informs the reader of current, and recent, developments in correctional services.”
“It covers the material with great insight and allows my students to purchase a text at a reasonable cost with all of the resources and tools available.”
“Low cost, well organized, thorough yet concise.”
This book is fundamental and comprehensive
This is fundamental in teaching criminology and social workers working within correctional centres.
A useful book that provides sample questions to guide teaching and students revision and engagement with the subject matter.
Adopted American Corrections Concepts and Controversies instead
I will use it for an ethics course. Excellent book with great examples