- Paul A Argenti - The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College
Corporate Social Responsibility
In Corporate Responsibility, Paul Argenti covers the growing discipline and functional area of Corporate Responsibility (CR) in organisations. Within the broader definition of CR, Argenti makes the case that corporate social responsibility is good for business and focuses on how leaders can balance the needs of their organisations with responsibilities to key constituencies.
Through cases focusing on the social, reputational, and environmental consequences of corporate activities, you’ll learn how to make difficult choices, promote responsible behaviour within your organisations, and understand the role personal values play in developing effective leadership skills.
Corporate Responsibility also:
- Makes the business case of CR, explaining the financial, strategic, competitive, and social benefits of CR
- Outlines the three components of CR, outlining the corporation’s responsibility to the environment, to society, and to consumers
- Discusses the role of ethics and philanthropy as it relates to corporate responsibility
- Explains how to communicate and implement CR strategically and effectively.
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at study.sagepub.com/argenti for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for Corporate Responsibility. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank, is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank, is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- The Instructor Teaching Site includes an instructor manual with case notes and answers to case questions.
"This is the cutting-edge textbook on a managerial approach to corporate responsibility. Students and executives will benefit a great deal by studying the cases and best practices that are here. It's a terrific book."
"Over the last years, I have seen the concepts and lessons explained in this book become increasingly essential for business success. In my view, for organizations to be optimally prepared for the future, executing on Argenti's main principle is essential: to incorporate CR into every aspect of the business strategy. Finally, we have a practical and comprehensive framework for business students on one of the most fundamental topics leaders need to focus on in today’s and tomorrow’s reality."
"Professor Argenti's book fills a void in the current business education curriculum. To be sure, he provides a well-researched and thoughtful discussion of the many manifestations of corporate responsibility in today's leading businesses. More importantly, however, he guides the reader through the process of knitting these various opportunities together into a coherent business strategy and, critically, communicating strategy and performance with stakeholders in an authentic manner."
“ABC of Corporate Responsibility”
“Very informative and yet very easy to read and understand”
“Well-written and clear in exposition, logically organized, and humane and balanced in its approach to exploring CSR”