Part I. INTERVENTION POLICY
Frédérick Gagnon and Ryan C. Hendrickson
1. The United States versus Terrorism: From the Embassy Bombings in Tanzania and Kenya to the Surge in Afghanistan
2. Assassinating bin Laden: Right or Wrong?
Jeffrey S. Lantis and Eric Moskowitz
3. Executive Decisions and Preventive War: Strategies of Intervention and Withdrawal in Iraq (2003-2011)
Part II. NUCLEAR SECURITY POLICY
4. The Nuclear Standoff between the United States and Iran: Muscular Diplomacy and the Ticking Clock
Patrick James and Özgür Özdamar
5. The United States and North Korea: Avoiding a Worst-Case Scenario
Gerald Felix Warburg
6. Nonproliferation Policy Crossroads: The U.S.-India Nuclear Cooperation Agreement
PART III. DIPLOMATIC POLICY
Ralph G. Carter and James M. Scott
7. Hitting the Reset Button: Why Is Cooperation So Hard?
8. Friendly Tyrants? The Arab Spring and the Egyptian Revolution
Joyce P. Kaufman
9. Chen Guangcheng: The Case of the Blind Dissident and U.S.-China Relations
PART IV. ECONOMIC AND TRADE POLICY
10. The Global Financial Crisis: Governments, Banks and Markets
Steven W. Hook and Franklin Barr Lebo
11. Sino-American Trade Relations: Privatizing Foreign Policy
Rodger A. Payne and Sean Payne
12. The Politics of Climate Change: Will the U.S. Act to Prevent Calamity?
PART V. NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEGAL POLICY
13. National Security Surveillance: Unchecked or Limited Presidential Power?
Linda Cornett and Mark Gibney
14. The Rights of Detainees: Determining the Limits of Law
Donald W. Jackson and Ralph G. Carter
15. The International Criminal Court: National Interests versus International Norms