Communication, Language and Literacy from Birth to Five
- Avril Brock - Leeds Metropolitan University, UK
- Carolynn Rankin - Senior Lecturer, School of Applied Global Ethics, Leeds Metropolitan University
Early Childhood Education | Early Childhood Literacy
Communication, Language and Literacy from Birth to Five helps the reader develop their knowledge, skills and practice in encouraging and promoting communication, language and literacy for babies and young children.
- activities, examples, case studies and ideas from actual practice
- guidance on how to meet children's diverse needs in an inclusive environment
- advice on involving parents in their children's learning
- resources, useful websites and suggestions for further reading
This book provided essential information to support the assignment criteria. The students used it as a reference point to support their ideas.
Preferred other books in this field.
Clear text. Easy to use. Very good case studies interspersed within text offer examples in practice. These could form the basis for a class discussion, along with the questions for reflection and discussion at the end of each chapter.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter One: Early Language Development PDF