Stop algebra from being a mathematical gatekeeper. With rich math tasks, all students can succeed.
Every teacher strives to make instruction effective and interesting, yet traditional methods of teaching algebra are not working for many students! That’s a problem. But the answer isn’t to supplement the curriculum with random tasks. Classroom Ready-Rich Math Tasks for Grades 6-12 equips you with a cohesive solution--50+ mathematical tasks that are rich, research-based, standards-aligned, and classroom-tested. The tasks:
- Are organized into learning progressions that help all students make the leap from arithmetic to algebra
- Offer students interesting mathematics problems to think about and solve so math is investigative, interactive, and engaging
- Provide opportunities for you to connect new content to prior knowledge or focus on an underdeveloped concept
- Engage students in conceptual understanding, procedural practice, and problem solving through critical thinking and application
- Come with downloadable planning tools, student resource pages, and extension questions
- Include additional support for students who may be struggling
Every learner deserves opportunities to engage in meaningful, rigorous mathematics. And every teacher can develop mathematical thinking and reasoning abilities in students. Part of the bestselling series spanning elementary and middle school, Classroom-Ready Rich Algebra Tasks, Grades 6-12 is a powerful add-on to any core mathematics program at your school.