- the role of case studies in the development of theory, practice and policy in counselling and psychotherapy
- strategies for responding to moral and ethical issues in therapy case study research
- practical tools for collecting case data
- 'how-to-do-it' guides for carrying out different types of case study
- team-based case study research for practitioners and students
- questions, issues and challenges that may have been raised for readers through their study.
Concrete examples, points for reflection and discussion, and recommendations for further reading will enable readers to use the book as a basis for carrying out their own case investigation.
All trainees in counselling, psychotherapy and clinical psychology are required to complete case reports, and this is the only textbook to cover the topic in real depth. The book will also be valuable to people who intend to use existing case studies to inform their practice, and it will help experienced practitioners to generate publishable case reports.