Business Writing Today
A Practical Guide
Management Communication | Organizational Communication
Confident writers succeed. Whatever career you aim for, good writing enables you to win more opportunities, perform better on the job and build the relationships you want.
In this practical, reader-friendly guide, Natalie Canavor shares a step-by-step framework that professional communicators use to determine what to say, and how to say it, in every situation. This guide shows you how to use strategic writing to achieve your own immediate and long-range goals in all media, from email to resumes, blogs to proposals, tweets to video. Discover easy to learn tools and techniques to recognize and fix your own writing problems, without grammar lessons.
Business Writing Today prepares you to better understand the business world and communicate in ways that achieve your aims in today’s highly competitive work environment.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- A new chapter explores writing methods used by professional journalists and PR specialists including how to create media releases, find information, and interview effectively
- ‘View from the Field’ boxes feature advice from professionals who share their first-hand insights on a range of cutting-edge communication tactics
- ‘Success Tip’ boxes give practical ideas for succeeding in the workplace and leveraging your communication skills
- Expanded coverage of the job application process includes best practices for writing successful resumes, cover letters, and networking
- Expanded coverage of writing for oral communication covers planning for presentations, tips for crafting personal stories, ideas for using video and creating effective visuals
- 'Practice Opportunities' provide exercises and activities to promote active learning, group projects and class discussion.
The book has great information and I was able to adopt it for the MBA program.
The content areas, especially the focus on digital media communication and on oral communication, seem useful and interesting.
I teach scholarly writing for online doctoral students in Business Psychology and found this text to be user friendly, chapters are easy to apply without having to read entire text and very informative for real world application.
A very practical and easily accessible book for my learners
To improve students' writing skills
An excellent resource and a must read for all students.