Promote student self worth and engagement with these one-of-a-kind activities!
Help your students reach their fullest potential. Create unique learning experiences adaptable to their needs and aspirations with this extraordinary activity book from internationally acclaimed experts Dr. Russell Quaglia, Michael Corso and Julie Hellerstein. A companion piece to Quaglia’s K-8 guide, the authors implement 3 Guiding Principles and 8 Behaviors and Conditions that profoundly affect student success in grades 6 - 12.
You’ll discover student-centric ideas and activities that powerfully engage 6th-12th grade students in important content areas. Timesaving and easy-to-implement activities help you to:
- Promote student self expression, values, hopes and dreams
- Foster student engagement, sense of purpose and self worth
- Provide a creative and challenging learning environment for all ability levels
- Align activities with Common Core and ISTE Standards (NETS) and 21st Century Skills
- Promote student leadership and responsibility
- Capitalize on technology and promote interdisciplinary connections
Includes a handy correlation chart and group discussions, personal reflections, and extended learning opportunities for each stand-alone lesson. An inspiring resource for any educator, use these fun, extensively researched activities to help your students reach their full potential!
The authors have once again designed an extraordinary roadmap for teachers to use in guiding students to find their true voice. A research-based roadmap yes, but more importantly, a map teachers can use to guide students to find their voice through their experiences. The wonderful activities herein are inspiring, engaging and interactive and ultimately lead students to discover their own unique voice and aspirations!”
Rich McBride, Ed.D., Superintendent
2014 AESA National President