Reach the Highest Standard in Professional Learning: Data
- Thomas R. Guskey - University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
- Patricia Roy
- Valerie von Frank - Michigan State University, USA
Thomas R. Guskey, Valerie von Frank
Administration & Leadership | Leadership | Staff Development & Professional Learning
Part of a groundbreaking 7-book series, co-developed by Learning Forward and Corwin, this book closes the "knowing-doing" gap by guiding educational leaders through the process for implementing the Learning Forward Standard for Professional Learning: Data.
Tackling the Data standard, it provides:
- Original essays written by leading experts in the field to promote deeper understandings of the meaning of the Data standard
- An array of templates, tools, and protocols to help you design and delivery quality professional learning in your own district or school
- Case studies of districts "getting it right" and educators who have realized the promise of effective professional learning.
"Learning Forward’s Standards for Professional Learning define the essential elements of and conditions for professional learning that leads to changed educator practices and improved student results. They are grounded in the understanding that the ultimate purpose of professional learning is increasing student success. Educator effectiveness – and this includes all educators working in and with school systems, not just teachers – is linked closely to student learning. Therefore increasing the effectiveness of educators is a key lever to school improvement…Reach the Highest Standard is created to be an essential set of tools to help school and system leaders take those steps toward educator effectiveness."