Covering classic and contemporary organization development (OD) techniques that guide individual, team, and organizational change, this textbook incorporates discussion of OD ethics into each chapter and offers thorough discussions of interventions at all levels. In-depth case studies that follow major content and process chapters allow students to immediately apply what they have learned. In today's challenging environment of increased globalization, rapidly changing technologies, economic pressures, and expectations in the contemporary workforce, this book is an essential tool.
1. What Is Organization Development?
2. History of Organization Development
3. Core Values and Ethics of Organization Development
CASE STUDY 1: ANALYZING OPPORTUNITIES FOR ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT WORK AT NORTHERN COUNTY LEGAL SERVICES
4. Foundations of Organizational Change
5. The Organization Development Practitioner and the Consulting Process
6. Entry and Contracting
7. Data Gathering
CASE STUDY 2: PROPOSING A DATA GATHERING STRATEGY AT AEROTECH, INC.
8. Diagnosis and Feedback
CASE STUDY 3: SORTING THROUGH THE DATA FROM LOGAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
9. An Introduction to Interventions
10. Individual Interventions
CASE STUDY 4: INDIVIDUAL TYPE STYLES AT THE PARKS DEPARTMENT
11. Team Interventions
CASE STUDY 5: SOLVING TEAM CHALLENGES AT DOCSYSTEMS BILLING, INC.
12. Whole Organization and Multiple Organization Interventions
CASE STUDY 6: REORGANIZAING HUMAN RESOURCES AT ASP SOFTWARE
13. Sustaining Change, Evaluating and Ending an Engagement
14. The Future of Organization Development
About the Author