Language and Literacy in Inquiry-Based Science Classrooms, Grades 3-8
- Zhihui Fang - University of Florida, USA
- Linda L. Lamme - University of Florida, USA
- Rose M. Pringle - University of Florida, USA
Foreword by Sandra K. Abell
English/Language Arts (Middle/High School) | Learning Styles | Science
Included are activities as well as sample lessons to help students:
- Read and comprehend science texts
- Find related resources to explore particular interests
- Build their science vocabulary
- Write to learn science concepts.
This volume is valuable for teachers, leaders of professional development workshops, institutes, topical seminars in science and literacy, science and reading methods courses and study groups.
When comparing books, I preferred the resources in the Constructivist Science Book for beginning preservice teachers. The other book reads in an easier format for my students and has more relevant information given their new enrollment within our program.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Teaching Science as Inquiry