Eight Myths of Student Disengagement
Creating Classrooms of Deep Learning
- Jennifer A. Fredricks - Connecticut College, USA
Brain-Friendly Teaching & Learning | Student Behavior | Teaching Methods & Learning Styles
Your expert resource to activate, manage, and maintain lasting student success!
Student disengagement is a huge challenge for teachers everywhere. Leading education expert Jennifer Fredricks empowers teachers to reengage students at all levels with powerful examples and clear-eyed implementation strategies that build essential 21st century learning skills. Teachers get the core facts about the causes, consequences, and solutions to disengagement and learn to confidently:
- Identify students most at risk for disengagement
- Implement student-centered, project-based learning practices for maximum educational outcomes
- Work effectively with diverse groups of disengaged youth
- Build positive peer cultures and high-quality student-teacher relationships
Straightforward how-to’s from practicing classroom teachers, extensively researched online and print resources, and assessment and observation tips help educators make real-world applications. Cultivate lasting student engagement and transform educational outcomes with this must-have resource!
"A must have book for all classroom teachers. A relevant, eye-opening approach to classroom problems and student attitudes that we didn’t think we could solve."
"This was an excellent read that would be very applicable in most classrooms. Engagement is key to student learning and the author gives us practical ways to implement real practices aimed at increasing this engagement of students at all learning levels."
"In the era of Common Core Standards, this book is a must read for every educational professional!"
Sample Materials & Chapters
1. Myth 1: It's Easty to Tell Who is Engaged