In an accessible and practical way, this book explores behavior management in the crucial early years of schooling. Behavior management expert Bill Rogers and early childhood educator Elizabeth McPherson focus on how a teacher can establish a relationship with a new class, and explore essential skills in detail through a wide range of case studies. The authors cover all major topics, including:
- Challenging student behavior
- Positive discipline practices
- Behavior recovery practices
- Helping students with special behavioral needs
- How colleagues can support day-to-day teaching
- Setting up and maintaining a whole-class behavior agreement
Behaviour Management with Young Children is an essential book for all early childhood educators, support staff, and school leaders.