Thoroughly updated, An Introduction to Child Development, Second Edition offers readers a comprehensive survey of the main areas of child development, from infancy to adolescence. Like the First Edition, the text equips students with an appreciation of critical issues in the field in a readily accessible format. Author Thomas Keenan and Subhadra Evans provide a balanced coverage of topics and theoretical perspectives.
Key Features of the Second Edition
- Includes more information on the biological foundations of development
- Contains new chapters on moral development and applied developmental psychology
- Incorporates enhanced pedagogy throughout the book
- Accompanied by a companion Web site with resources for both students and instructors at http://www.uk.sagepub.com/keenan/
This introductory text is designed for students in psychology and related disciplines studying child development
The Second Edition includes features including:
- learning points
- section & chapter summaries,
- end-of-chapter glossaries
- suggestions for further reading
- sample multiple choice questions
- sidebars featuring in depth discussions of key research findings or points of debate within the field of child development.
The text comes with a dedicated website with resources for both students and instructors.