What is action research? Why do action research? When should you use action research?
In the Second Edition of All You Need to Know about Action Research, expert practitioners Jean McNiff and Jack Whitehead guide you through everything you need to know to plan and carry out a successful action research project.
The book provides:
- A guide to the history and philosophy underpinning action research
- Comprehensive coverage of the main theoretical debates in action research
- A unique understanding of how action research can help your learning and your professional practice
- Practical help in planning your project
- Help with writing about your research and disseminating your findings
The Second Edition has been thoroughly updated throughout, and now includes new real-life case studies from education, health and business. A new chapter on reviewing the literature has been added and the sections on data gathering and analysis have been updated to take into account the latest technological advances.
This easy-to-follow overview of action research is essential reading for students, practitioners and seasoned researchers alike.
Available with Perusall—an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class
Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.
New to the second edition:
- New real-life case studies from Education, Health and Business
- A new chapter on reviewing the literature
- Sections on data gathering and analysis have been updated to take into account the latest technological advances.