The sixth edition offers significant updates, including:
- The face-off between Obama and Romney in the general election;
- Case studies of ads during presidential and Congressional campaigns;
- The ever increasing use and impact of social media;
- Ad stills from the 2012 campaign; and
- Concrete examples of which ads worked and which ads did not.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- A History in Pictures features an array of ad stills starting from Lyndon Johnson's shocking "Daisy" ad in 1964 to ads the Obama and Romney campaigns hurl at each other in 2012.
- An Appendix of Memorable Ads, 1984–2012, lets students read through and analyze narrated comments.
- An overview chapter outlines advertising principles as well as how ads are put together and financed.
- Conclusion sections at the end of chapters summarize key takeaway points.