This bestselling text offers a new synthesis of literature, theory, practice, and research in advertising and promotion. It brings together the managerial focus of advertising and agency operations with a consumer cultural focus on the social and ethical role of advertising.NEW to this edition:
- A stronger focus on integrated marketing communications and the promotional mix, including PR and personal selling.
- Coverage of advertising agencies, integrating e-marketing, social media, and mobile advertising.
- Expanded coverage of contemporary topics, including: new media, the internet, sponsorship, branding, direct marketing, ethics, and social responsibility and regulation.
- A focus on the implications for advertising of the continuing changes in the media infrastructure and the new media funding models emerging as a result.
- A website at www.sagepub.co.uk/hackley provides password-protected Instructor Resources including PowerPoint slides and extra case studies, and access to full-text journal articles for students on the open-access Study Student site.
Packed with case studies and first-hand examples gathered from leading international advertising agencies, Chris Hackley succeeds in providing a lively and stimulating introduction to the rapidly evolving advertising environment.