This textbook supports the new Level 5 Diploma in Education Training qualification for those training to teach in the further education and skills sector. Full of informed practical guidance to help you to develop your teaching skills and supported by meaningful links to theory, it covers all mandatory units included in the Diploma and has been carefully designed to be your essential guide to successfully achieving the qualification.
Thought-provoking activities throughout every chapter draw out key points and allow you to directly apply them to your own practice. This book clearly communicates what is required for high-quality teaching and empowers you to succeed in the FE classroom and beyond.
Chapter topics include:
- The role and professional responsibilities of teachers
- Planning and assessing learning
- Strategies for effective teaching
- Managing learners in the classroom
- Career development in education and training.