Managing the behavior of young children can be a real challenge, and this book provides you with 100 tried and tested ideas for the long, medium, and short term. It tells you how to select and adopt the right approach, how to analyze, reflect on, and modify your own practice to ensure that you are consistent, fair, and that positive behavior develops.
Each of the 100 ideas focuses on a single strategy, and the book looks at:
- Structures and systems
- Using fun, child-orientated resources
- Rewarding good behavior, and managing sanctions
- The advantages of various approaches
- Case studies from practice
- Adaptations of strategies for different settings and ages
The book suggests lively strategies that can keep behavior management fresh and effective. Advice is given to support children with special educational needs and examples of behavior management in different settings are shared. An easily accessible guide for all practitioners working with children aged 3 to 8.