A Concise Introduction to Existential Counselling
- Martin Adams - New School of Psychotherapy and Regent's College, London
Counseling & Psychotherapy | Existential Counseling
A Concise Introduction to Existential Counselling is just that: a brief and accessible pocket guide to the underlying theory & practice of the existential approach.
Addressing everything a new trainee needs to know and do in a way that is entirely accessible and jargon-free, this book:
- Provides a short history of the existential tradition
- Puts key concepts into contexts, showing how theory translates into practice
- Discusses issues in the therapeutic process
- Shows how to work effectively with whatever the client brings to the session
- Addresses the significance of existential thought in the wider world
This book will be the perfect companion to new trainees looking to embark on their path to thinking and practicing existentially.
Martin Adams is a practitioner and supervisor in private practice and a Lecturer at the New School of Psychotherapy and Regents College, both in London.
In this short book, Adams captures the essence of EC and links it to real life situations. Very accessible book to students at every level
An accesible summary of this counsellling approach which I will be recommending to my Diploma students. Complex concepts explained clearly.