Covering the entire research process – from understanding theory to writing up your project – this book provides students with an easy-to-follow introduction to qualitative methods in nursing and healthcare.
It offers straightforward guidance on key issues such as ethics and equips students with practical tools for approaching steps like searching and reviewing the literature. It also:
- Provides a clear historical overview of nursing and healthcare research, helping deepen understanding of the field
- Shows students how to use literature to inform their choice of a research topic and research question
- Helps students develop a critical approach to their own thinking and practice.
Grounded in numerous real-world examples that offer insight into best practice and how to overcome potential pitfalls, this book helps students to develop their research skills and use qualitative methods with confidence.
Visit https://study.sagepub.com/dingwallandstaniland to watch author-hosted video introductions to each chapter, exclusive videos from the SAGE Research Methods collection and a variety of research-focused YouTube videos to support your learning.
- ‘Meet the Author’ Videos introduce you to studying qualitative research methods and provide insight into how a researcher’s journey unfolds in the real world.
- Chapter Introduction Videos orientate you within the research process and set out the main topics and themes each chapter will cover.
- SAGE Videos chosen by the authors from the SAGE Research Methods collection help you develop your understanding of key methods and techniques, such as interviews and conversation analysis.
- YouTube Videos vetted by the authors, help you consolidate your knowledge of key concepts throughout the research process, from theory and picking a good research question to methods of data collection and writing up your research.